MARC E. PEASE
Data Analysis Professional skilled in automating previously manual processes, reducing labor, and improving efficiency and accuracy.
-Data Analysis and Reporting
-Windows / DOS Batch scripting
-Microsoft Access (One-time analyses or complete database application)
-Windows DSN / Environment variables
-Microsoft Office Suite
THE NIELSEN COMPANY, Shelton, CT 2003–Present
Leading global market research and audience measurement company.
Process Analyst, 2010–Present
Monitor flow of data. Run ad-hoc data queries upon request. Respond to help desk inquiries. Heavy research and problem solving.
● Developed strong knowledge of internal database structure. Able to troubleshoot complex issues, eliminating the need to escalate to engineering, thereby conserving resources.
● Streamlined many manual processes by initiating, designing and implementing SQL and batch scripts. 70% to 90% time savings.
Supervisor, Product Placement, 2006–2007
Year-long assignment setting up new department, managing 7 employees.
● Partook in establishing data coding guidelines leading to most efficient data entry procedures.
● Designed and built database application for data verification, automating the identification of data anomalies. Aided team in identifying previously undetected issues while reducing labor for data verification by greater than 80%.
Client Support Coordinator, 2004–2006, 2007-2010
Fielded client inquiries regarding data questions and discrepancies.
● Developed strong relationships with clients, resulting in increased client satisfaction.
● Upgraded Customer Relationship Management system from an older Lotus Notes platform to a more efficient and more customizable Microsoft Access Application.
● Developed database application for processing and reporting of supplemental data, reducing labor by 90%.
Commercial Analyst / Data Researcher, 2003–2004
Viewed television commercials, entered descriptive information into database. Researched advertiser details.
● Entry level position allowed me to gain an understanding of data structure and standards.
PREVIOUS WORK EXPERIENCE
Held customer-oriented positions in the retail, manufacturing, and transportation sectors.
University of Connecticut, 1990–1992
Liberal Arts, 60 credits